• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by kbirdsong

  1. kbirdsong

    Does anyone have the Helibars from Slingmods?

    Not difficult to install, there is a clip that holds the wires and a wire tie that needs clipped off, but that's it. And then of course, you can add some wire ties to do cable management as desired. These are older pics as I have more gadgets now, but they show them better. Keep in mind these...
  2. kbirdsong

    New Member Intro & Questions re Upcoming Purchase Decision

    Like every other vehicle I have ever owned Internet forums and especially Facebook groups tend to amplify issues. Not that they don't exist but because not many people jump on and talk about all the trouble free miles. I have experienced no issue whatsoever with my RTL in the four years I have...
  3. kbirdsong

    Does anyone have the Helibars from Slingmods?

    I have the Helibars on my 2022 RTL. Love them! I have a left arm damaged in a car accident 14 years ago and none of the other bars I tried helped but the adjustability of the Helibars finally brought me comfort. I am also on the smaller side as I am 5'6". Most things are designed for people...
  4. kbirdsong

    Anyone want to Meetup for Rides in Middle Tennessee?

    If I hadn't just had hand surgery I'd join in. I'm in Lebanon.
  5. kbirdsong

    Are the OEM XPS front tires really directional, on '25 S2S?

    Interesting, why wouldn't BRP customer service teams have a tier 2 support team to answer technical questions as basic as this? Seems silly as most tier 2 teams are just technical resources that aren't fully dedicated to a customer service role but serve as a database of knowledge for questions.
  6. kbirdsong

    Ultimate Dealer GREED!

    Curious as to where it was shipped from? And was it shipped UPS ground?
  7. kbirdsong

    Anyone else had to Insure their Spyder as a 2-wheel motorcycle? Any success changing its designation to a 3-Wheeler?

    Try getting a quote from Progressive. They were loads cheaper on insurance for me. And likely getting the California DMV to do anything would be a feat to accomplish. BTW we moved from Ventura so I am very familiar with the CA DMV.
  8. kbirdsong

    I want Spyder/Ryker/Canyon dealerships to succeed

    I personally will always make the ride to Baja Ron's anytime I need something done I can't do myself, I'm lucky to only be a couple hundred miles away from his place. There are 3 dealers in the Nashville area that sell Spyders. One in downtown Nashville which is a zoo to ride in, every time I am...
  9. kbirdsong

    News at BajaRon's - We Are Moving!

    That laser alignment is a great reason for my next visit. Looking forward to seeing the new place. Congrats to Eliza & Daniel, and to you and Paige. The old office was a bit cozy for sure.
  10. kbirdsong

    Service Shock - just about had a heart attack at the bill!

    When I use ramps, that's exactly what I do. I think I really only use the ramps for oil changes on the Spyder and Ryker. I also have a Big Blue lift that I use for other stuff.
  11. kbirdsong

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    I did that as well, @Deanna777. Lots of rear visibility now.
  12. kbirdsong

    Anyone else notice the number of low mileage used Spyders on Marketplace? Any ideas why?

    I was there in the 70's when the 7th Light Infantry Division was back and called Ft. Ord home.
  13. kbirdsong

    After Information/feedback on the Freedom Windshield for 2020+ Spyder RT's - will it reduce pillion wind buffetting?

    That's the one I bought from LaMonster. I think you'll be pleased with it.
  14. kbirdsong

    After Information/feedback on the Freedom Windshield for 2020+ Spyder RT's - will it reduce pillion wind buffetting?

    I have the tallest version of the Freedom Shield and I really like it. My helmet is open faced as I took off the pull down clear shield and just left the sunshield pull down if I need it for some reason. I wear glasses full time and they are transition lenses so I doubt I ever would but it's...
  15. kbirdsong

    Anyone else notice the number of low mileage used Spyders on Marketplace? Any ideas why?

    I had a friend with a Norton Atlas way back. I helped him build that bike out of parts in the old wooden barracks at Ord. Good times.
Back
Top