• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by Lctriple

  1. L

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    I've been busted a few times. Once after passing a truck going below the speed limit for 3-4 miles. Problem was it was a double yellow center line. And the cop came over a hill in the oncoming lane. It was 6:30 in the morning on my way to work and nobody else on the road. Except that cop. I...
  2. L

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    We've been to the Finger Lakes region and have driven the Watkins Glen Raceway once. Only cars are allowed but it's still an adrenaline rush. We need to go back again while we can still enjoy it. The Glenn Curtiss museum is a must see for any gear head. It's really amazing what that man...
  3. L

    First time ride on my Spyder today - I think I'm gonna like it!

    I've now got just over 3,000 miles on the F3S and am loving it! I might get in an over nighter in Southern Ohio before the snow flies. I'm so glad CanAm makes these things for us old motorcycle people. Life is much better with a handlebar in my hands.
  4. L

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    My wife and were there in 1992 or so on a slow ass Harley. One of our favorite trips. Great scenery, mountains, streams, ski jumps. New York is a beautiful state.
  5. L

    I've gone from ATGATT to H (just Helmet).

    You're just as vulnerable on three wheels as 2 wheels. There is NO protection on either vehicle, same on a four wheeler with handlebars. No seat belt, no cage protecting you, nothing to stop you from flying off the vehicle. The fact that this has to be explained to you is kinda worrying. If you...
  6. L

    Just got a New ride - here it is!

    Nice! More info please.
  7. L

    Considering a Spyder - Can I Ask You Some Questions?

    There are some great YouTube videos for riding tips on a Spyder. I've used them several times for issues I've had this summer. First thing you have to do is don't think you know it all already. You can't learn if you think you're the best at everything.
  8. L

    Have the new Tariffs increased Spyder & Ryker prices?

    The importing of Can Am's into the U.S. has been banned. Fortunately most of the 27s have been brought into the country already. Per Fort Nine. Let's hope this nonsense between Canada and the U.S. comes to an end soon.
  9. L

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    @mecsw500, I like riding in the rain, too. It's me against Mother Nature, I guess with me holding my own and still having fun. My favorite part is passing cars that have pulled over because it's raining and there I am " that crazy motorcycle guy" riding like there's no tomorrow.
  10. L

    Conventional vs Reverse Trike Discussion

    See, I don't get how you can let someone influence your choice of vehicle. It's your money, your skin, maybe he needs new buddies. I've heard this song and dance before how harley people influenced a friends decision on a bike. It's just laughable that an adult will allow that to happen.
  11. L

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    I forgot about Frogg Toggs. My wife had a set of those. I'll check them out.
  12. L

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    After not finding my old rain suit, I guess I'm gonna need a new one. Any suggestions for brands to look at? I'm pretty sure my missing one was a Nelson Rigg but it was probably 15 to 20 years old anyway. A breathable one would be nice if there is such a thing. Any opinions will be appreciated.
  13. L

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    I've not ridden my F3S in the rain yet but I'm sure it would block most of the rain. I have a windshield on it which would keep some rain off my upper body. The RTs I'm guessing keep you pretty dry in a rain storm.
Back
Top