• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by racoon

  1. racoon

    New Accessory converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay

    My apologies, I posted a link to the Ottocast CarPlay screen. This may be the link I was remembering: https://www.spyderlovers.com/threads/anyone-found-a-wireless-car-play-android-auto-adapter-that-works-with-2024-and-up-spyders.165273/#post-1749248 Ottocast has several small wireless...
  2. racoon

    New Accessory converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay

    There's this: https://www.spyderlovers.com/threads/anyone-installed-this-motorcycle-car-play-unit-or-similar-on-2020-rt-or-f3.157795/
  3. racoon

    New Accessory converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay

    There's been a few other posts about wireless adapters for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Since I'm an Apple iPhone user and plug my phone into the USB port in the glove box I have no use for something like that.
  4. racoon

    Which GPS fits Garmin 660 GPS mount?

    So you can create a route using Google Maps, then paste the Web URL into a website that will convert the route information to a GPX file. GPX stands for GPS Exchange Format. Google listed the following website as possibility: Maps to GPX: https://mapstogpx.com/ Then plug your Garmin Zumo into...
  5. racoon

    Any hints/help for Installing a Garmin XT3 Zumo on a Spyder?

    I added a powered docking station to my 2024 Spyder RT Sea 2 Sky that I bought from Slingmods.com. It was originally so I could mount and power a Garmin Zumo XT to the handlebars. The listing says it works on 2026 Spyder RTs...
  6. racoon

    Going to Maggie Valley October 11-15 - glad to meet up & ride/break bread with anyone in the area.

    Sounds like fun. That's about 4 hours from where I am, so I would have to come for at least a couple of days. Unfortunately I already have a commitment that week.
  7. racoon

    Anyone want to Meetup for Rides in Middle Tennessee?

    I'm near Cookeville and am always interested in going for a ride!
  8. racoon

    I want to give a "thumbs up" to my Can Am Dealer

    Their website is still live, and the Service information page lists CAN-AM. https://www.lovesparkmotorsports.com/
  9. racoon

    Has anyone found, installed, or know any way to raise the Handlebars on a 2010 RT?

    I found some possibilities on revzilla.com https://www.revzilla.com/parts/2010-can-am-spyder-rt?query=2010+spyder+rt+handlebar
  10. racoon

    300 miles in temps over 105 with low humidity ... dangerous

    :::bowing out of this entire discussion:::
  11. racoon

    300 miles in temps over 105 with low humidity ... dangerous

    Are you saying that the increase in average temperature between 1895 and 2026 was 4 degrees F? And that somehow that's a huge difference? And please provide links to the data you're using to claim that average temperatures have increased significantly over whatever period of time you choose.
  12. racoon

    300 miles in temps over 105 with low humidity ... dangerous

    NOAA.gov average temperature data for August 2020 thru 2026. 2026 - 75.58 F 2025 - 73.38 F 2024 - 74.01 F 2023 - 74.35 F 2022 - 74.59 F 2021 - 73.96 F 2020 - 74.68 F So 1 degree hotter than seven years ago...
  13. racoon

    I've gone from ATGATT to H (just Helmet).

    I think protecting myself when I'm not surrounded by metal in a vehicle is a good idea. I'll ride ATGATT when I ride, you can ride helmet only. But don't disrespect other people because they don't share your opinions.
  14. racoon

    I've gone from ATGATT to H (just Helmet).

    Because it's not just falling off and sliding, it's also running into things, running into other vehicles, and running off the road into a ditch.
  15. racoon

    I want Spyder/Ryker/Canyon dealerships to succeed

    Well, I did go to the local CAN-AM dealer and had a nice chat with the service manager. I explained to him my problem with the dealership I bought it from, without telling them who it was. He told me to give him a call when it was time for service on my Spyder and he'd be able to work me in...
Back
Top