• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by rjinaz86323

  1. rjinaz86323

    Anyone else accidentally turning on Emergency Flashers?

    That's not a solution for me, as the floorboards are perfect for me when riding. I just have trouble getting on and off.
  2. rjinaz86323

    Anyone else accidentally turning on Emergency Flashers?

    I am short and overweight which may contribute to this issue. When I dismount I need to put my right hand on the bars to push myself up off the seat. Many times in doing so I accidentally turn on the flashers. Anybody else have this issue?
  3. rjinaz86323

    Does my Spyder have a bell? Is it to warn of changing gears?

    Yes based on your settings your Garmin will announce (sounds a little like a bell) anytime the speed limit changes or you come to a school zone.
  4. rjinaz86323

    Anyone else notice the number of low mileage used Spyders on Marketplace? Any ideas why?

    I bought my 2018 F3L in 2020. It had 148 miles on it.
  5. rjinaz86323

    Ultimate Dealer GREED!

    don't need ramps. I build some short ones by stacking pieces of 2x4. I am 78 and it is a little struggle, but I ain't paying the dealer for something so easy to do.
  6. rjinaz86323

    Ultimate Dealer GREED!

    Do your own oil change. It takes less than an hour (most of which time, you are waiting for all the oil to drain). Cost of the oil is around $30 and the oil change kit is $26, so it's under $60 bucks total.
  7. rjinaz86323

    Conventional vs Reverse Trike Discussion

    I rode Harleys for years, so when it came time to go to a trike, there was no decision. It would be a Harley TriGlde (2016). It got me by for a few years, but just barely. My wife said she felt like a bobble-head back there. The solid axle pitched her from side to side on bumps. The steering...
  8. rjinaz86323

    ST Longest Ride Ever

    Back when I was riding Harley's and did several trips by myself I would put in 1000 mile days. With the Spyder I usually have Momma with me which says maybe 400 miles. I did do a couple of trips by myself back to Arkansas with the boys and our first day is 570
  9. rjinaz86323

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    I had a German Shorthair named Waylon. LOL
  10. rjinaz86323

    Can a Spyder replace a motorcycle?

    no different than a Harley. As far as this being an old thread it is still all relevant information.
  11. rjinaz86323

    Having a blast, but have you noticed these Spyders Take an Effort To Ride?!

    not being able to counter steer makes a big difference
  12. rjinaz86323

    Too hot to ride, or maybe I’m just getting old

    Back when we lived in Phoenix I was still working (in my 60's). Ride to work was 22 miles across town. I rode virtually everyday until it went past 110 degrees. Last year the wife and I did 2 trips to Colorado. First was southwestern part of the state. Nice and cool and a little raining...
  13. rjinaz86323

    Lucky Seven - 7 weeks, 14 states, 21 Rides

    When you are at Spearfish SD be sure to do Iron Mountain Road down by Mt Rushmore.
  14. rjinaz86323

    Any suggestions on good Ear protection for lowering wind noise?

    Alpine MotoSafe Race Motorcycle Earplugs got them off Amazon for $20. Virtually same thing as EarPeace only cheaper.
  15. rjinaz86323

    What kind of navigation do you use on your Canyon, especially when you are out of cell phone service.

    Garmin Zumo XT. Does everything I need/want. Been trouble free for the 4 years I have had it.
Back
Top