• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by slypx

  1. slypx

    NHTSA Campaign 26V575000 - 2025-2026 Spyder RT, F3, & Canyon freezing cluster fix issued

    Seems better for me with the BRP Advex full face helmet comm system and also with a regular helmet without a comm system with the Green Bluetooth simulator connected in the trunk USB port
  2. slypx

    NHTSA Campaign 26V575000 - 2025-2026 Spyder RT, F3, & Canyon freezing cluster fix issued

    Everybody mentioning the new update number as V6.1.0, are you sure that is the right version? Here it's V6.0.1, and I would be surprised if there are two different versions out there??
  3. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    OK thanks, although in Canada, this machine is like me, not running in sub-zero temperature 😂
  4. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Thank you very much for your (always) great informations that you share thru the different forums. What exact Amsoil Oil should I be looking for, Amsoil 5W-40 MS or FS or something else? Love your BajaRon Bar on my S2S, makes it a whole new driving experience. :)
  5. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Thank you for the technical info. Will see how it goes with Sinto and as I am about to store it in 5-6 weeks from now. When spring comes back, will see what BRP has come for a solution with if they ever does and look for real synth oil next year. What is your opinion about BRP "synth oil", is...
  6. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    I ride it as there wouldn't be an issue, about 6 000 miles since the 2 fix attempts and as I am in Canada, I can't find a shop to have an oil change done on my Spyder with Amsoil but found one outside the dealer network with Sinto 5w40 Synt oil for Spyder, will be trying this one as it is not...
  7. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Not well... Well, it's status quo! Meaning the ugly noise is still present after the whole alternator assembly shaft was changed following the "friction disks" change in April. The noise came back, and since then, BRP have put a halt to any new fix attempt by the dealer. I'm just in a "twilight...
  8. slypx

    NHTSA Campaign 26V575000 - 2025-2026 Spyder RT, F3, & Canyon freezing cluster fix issued

    As per today, I just dowloaded V6.0.1 thru my home Wi-Fi. I'm in Canada and it was available as of 11:30 this morning. Process went smooth, took about 15 minutes (depends on your WiFi speed). Will see in the next few days if it has any improvements but I wasn't experiencing any blackout of...
  9. slypx

    Any way to find out if your RTL has any Warranty Updates?

    V 5.1.0 is new as of a couple weeks ago More details here : https://www.spyderlovers.com/threads/spyder-10-25-display-models-firmware-v-5-1-0-android-and-iphone-brp-go-connection-for-maps.166910/
  10. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Thanks for you input, will keep updating the situation
  11. slypx

    It's Heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Navigation!

    I have provided you with the solution in your other post here : https://www.spyderlovers.com/threads/no-apple-car-play-when-updated-brp-go.166888/post-1758973
  12. slypx

    No Apple Car Play when updated BRP Go - can I still get to it somehow?

    Go into your preferences and scroll down to the navigation options. Once there you will see a "on-off" toggle to activate or remove the BRP GO navigation as the default navigation option which will restore the Apple CarPlay icon on the main page after a screen reboot.
  13. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    No I did not, would you think it could be a solution? Spyder is still under the first 2 years of OEM warranty, trying to let BRP propose me a solution... hopefully?! Thanks, I am as I can still ride the machine as per BRP, other than being an annoying noise, I'm good all of this.
  14. slypx

    It's Heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Navigation!

    Actually it is a connection between Android or Apple phones and the BRP GO! app on the phones that allows the embedded navigation of the app to show in the Spyder cluster, not the full Android Auto mais certainly a solution for Android phones owners. Only applies to the 2024 + new 10.25"...
  15. slypx

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Another day, another update on my (too) long lasting issue Monday this week (May 25), the whole alternator shaft assembly was changed, picked up my Spyder at end of day and all was fine... temporarily!! Brought it home, took it out for a ride yesterday (Wednesday) and sure enough, it didn't...
Back
Top