mecsw500
Well-known member
There should be an accessory power source on most Spyders that is keyed to the ignition. On some it is down the right hand side under the Tupperware, on the later models like mine I'm not so sure which side it's on.
I'm not sure about the 2011 but I'm pretty sure there's a provision for a 12 volt supply somewhere. Search on YouTube and I'm sure there's a video for your era of Spyder. The wiring harnesses for that connection are available from our sponsoring businesses.
Then you'll perhaps need a box that takes 12 volts in from the wiring harness you bought, above, and that puts out a USB power connection with 5 volts. They are on Amazon for like $10. Then run a USB cable up to your USB outlet(s) where you need it. If you want more than one device you might need a USB splitter for dual powered USB sockets. This of course won't give you a USB connection to the Spyder, just power.
Other folks may have a more elegant solution, or USB power kits to mount on the bars with full fitting instructions.
I'm not sure about the 2011 but I'm pretty sure there's a provision for a 12 volt supply somewhere. Search on YouTube and I'm sure there's a video for your era of Spyder. The wiring harnesses for that connection are available from our sponsoring businesses.
Then you'll perhaps need a box that takes 12 volts in from the wiring harness you bought, above, and that puts out a USB power connection with 5 volts. They are on Amazon for like $10. Then run a USB cable up to your USB outlet(s) where you need it. If you want more than one device you might need a USB splitter for dual powered USB sockets. This of course won't give you a USB connection to the Spyder, just power.
Other folks may have a more elegant solution, or USB power kits to mount on the bars with full fitting instructions.