• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by 2dogs

  1. 2

    How do I jumpstart a 2013 RS?

    To begin with go to Harbor Freight and purchase a battery tester. Second, buy their little 4-amp battery charger/maintainer, and lastly, buy their small jump pack kit. It comes in a small case that fits perfectly in the bottom of your trunk. Don't forget to take it out and charge it up at least...
  2. 2

    300 miles in temps over 105 with low humidity ... dangerous

    Well, Pete, global warming results from the Earth's precession as it revolves around the Sun. Nothing we can do about that one. However, in the short term, hydrate with good ol water, use a hydration pack, and a cooling vest. And the fellow who mentioned wearing your leathers knows what he's...
  3. 2

    Any suggestions for creative use/mods/add-ons for the dashboard gauge plugs?

    I would also recommend installing Ron's sway bar. Very good upgrade. After that, contact Squared Away and have a realignment if needed. I'd guess that 50% of the Spyder's out there are misaligned, and owners don't even know it. Good luck.
  4. 2

    Any suggestions for creative use/mods/add-ons for the dashboard gauge plugs?

    Sorry, no photos. Everything is pretty straightforward. Very simple and uncomplicated installs. Everything fit without any cutting or major modification. Just make sure you connect the wiring correctly to the item you are installing and that it's compatible with your Spyder model. I don't go for...
  5. 2

    Having a blast, but have you noticed these Spyders Take an Effort To Ride?!

    After owning and riding for 70+ years on two-, three-, and four-wheeled machines, I've found that when you become one with your machine, it all becomes effortless. I've owned many machines and ridden many miles on dirt and blacktop. Any new ride takes a while to become used to its...
  6. 2

    News at BajaRon's - We Are Moving!

    Yep, I had a paper route also. I went to a one room school, and I was the janitor after school was out. Cleaned the bathrooms, swept the floors, and emptied the garbage every day. On Fridays, I mopped the floor. My paycheck from the county school district was $12.00 a month. That bought lots of...
  7. 2

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    It depends on the rain's intensity and the quality of the rain gear. I don't think I know anyone who's ever been able to keep their crotch from getting wet. It just seems to be a catch point.
  8. 2

    News at BajaRon's - We Are Moving!

    Moving always seems like a PITA. But once it's done, fond memories seem to prevail of how everything got started. Retired? What the hell is that? I'm 80+ and have been working since, ah, let's see... the 5th grade, I guess. Happy Days! Admittedly, I have slowed down some, but I've never stopped...
  9. 2

    2012 RT SM5 - Will sway bar end links alone make any difference?

    A few years ago, at a Spyder rally, a gentleman showed me the new Spyder BRP gave him after a wreck on his previous Spyder, caused by a broken plastic OEM sway bar end link. He had pictures of his damaged Spyder and the two other vehicles that collided while avoiding the incident. Luckily, he...
  10. 2

    Wiring help needed - Trailer turn signal lights reversed! Any ideas?

    Swap the wires on the trailer side, not the bike's side.
  11. 2

    Are people throwing better shocks at their trike first, instead of better tires?

    Yep, me too in the same order. I don't think anything came stock with all the right bells and whistles to work perfectly, with no add-ons needed, unless it was the F-15.
  12. 2

    I have a mildly annoying problem while riding - phone won't bluetooth when plugged in to charge - are there any iPhone experts out there who can help?

    They don't make them anymore, but you can find 2nd-hand ones if you search. They are an OEM handlebar clamp for Spyders with mounting bolt locations on all sides. I captured one just in case something new came out that would only match up to a ball mount. However, they do make a center ball...
  13. 2

    I have a mildly annoying problem while riding - phone won't bluetooth when plugged in to charge - are there any iPhone experts out there who can help?

    My cell phone holder, aka docking station, mounts between the handlebars and charges my cell phone when needed. Sena, the camera, and everything else charge from my battery tender lead. Everything stays fully charged at all times.
  14. 2

    Can anyone offer hints/tips for the Missing Belt Guard installation and alignment on an RT 2020+

    I installed an aluminum guard with self-tapping metal screws after the plastic guard attached with 3M failed. A lot of punishing vibration goes on down there. And yes, I prepped it clean enough to eat off of before I installed the 3M model. I think mine was produced by Inspector Gadget...
  15. 2

    A Near Miss - the First incident on my Spyder in 18 years!

    Even intelligent people occasionally do stupid things. So you have to be mindful of the intelligent folks as well as the stupid ones. Simply put, you are the only one in charge of your own well-being, particularly when you are on 2 or 3 wheels, or even on 4 wheels for that matter. I was on 4...
Back
Top