• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by JayBros

  1. JayBros

    Anyone else accidentally turning on Emergency Flashers?

    Assuming one is going to be mounting/dismounting the Spyder with the engine off, one is not going to have a problem with the emergency flasher or kill switch simply by grabbing the throttle. It's fly by wire so nothing will happen if one twists it during the on/off episode.
  2. JayBros

    Anyone going to Thunder in the Smokies 2026?

    A number of years ago when I was only 66, my oldest grandson wanted to take a bicycle tour before he left for college at Chapel Hill. We rode from Front Royal to Asheville via Skyline Drive and the BRP. By the time we arrived in Asheville, I looked and felt like a quart of formaldehyde would...
  3. JayBros

    Any suggestions for creative use/mods/add-ons for the dashboard gauge plugs?

    Thanks much. I haven't thought too hard about what I'd like to put in the other receptacle besides a digital volt meter because I keep my iPhone in the trunk and could charge it there if I needed to do so. Digital oil pressure might be interesting but that's farther than I think I need to go. My...
  4. JayBros

    Any suggestions for creative use/mods/add-ons for the dashboard gauge plugs?

    While at 100K+ miles it's rather immaterial to me to change, how much more accurate is the digital fuel gauge than the analogue one? TIA
  5. JayBros

    Brake pedal is firm on starting, soft after moving - dealer says it's OK! Anyone else?

    IMO you have a dealership that doesn't know what they're doing. How did you bed in the new brake pads?Did you do a succession of high speed panic slowings? When they bled the brake system, did they bleed the ABS module? Politely tell them to call and open a case with BRP and find out what's...
  6. JayBros

    Am I being too cheap by Not changing the filters on a low milage oil change?

    One can't tell a tinker's damn from the "looks" of motor oil. That's why owners who really want to know how their oils is performing have it analyzed, but it isn't free. If you want to save $$ purchase your supplies from Baja Ron. If I rode my Spyder as little as you do I would sell it as you...
  7. JayBros

    2026 S2S transmission failure - Anyone else having similar issues?

    I have a number in my phone contact list for BRP Consumer Support, (715) 848-4957, that I believe I called when my touring partner's transmission output shaft crapped out at the D3WR in July. Someone at that number, or BRP's main number, (888) 272-9222, should be able to tell you the number or...
  8. JayBros

    Fully Automatic Spyder!

    I agree! Semi auto was fine for the first hundred grand and it will be fine for the second.
  9. JayBros

    Do you get wet riding in the rain?

    I have a Firstgear rain suit, jacket, pants, and overboots, and I have ridden in frog strangling rain four hours on tour and stay dry. If the weather looks iffy I frequently put the cover on my seat and that has a pretty good record for keeping the rain gods at bay. In summer showers here in...
  10. JayBros

    Anyone had over-heating issues after fitting Front Grills? Any issues with ShowChrome Trunk Replacement Shock?

    Spyderpops did his research in designing his KOTT Grilles -- a shameless plug -- that I installed as one of the first farkles. I remove them although rarely to clean between them and the OEM radiator screens that I consider marginal at best. My trip to/from the D3WR this year was the hottest...
  11. JayBros

    Does my Spyder have a bell? Is it to warn of changing gears?

    Absolutely! My Zumo 590 alerts to all of them.
  12. JayBros

    I've changed my opinion of backrests for Spyder Riding - anyone else?

    I rode my Spyder for 3 & 1/2 yrs w/o a backrest, until my bride gave me one (BRP) for my birthday. The thing I appreciate most about it is that on long touring days, 400+, I am much fresher at the end of the day than I was touring w/o one - and I've also packed on eight more trips around the sun...
  13. JayBros

    Are Spyders becoming popular, or not?

    Twelve years ago when I bought my Spyder, the only other one around I saw in my local area that included a BRP dealerdhip just 3.2 mi from my house was in a church parking lot on weekdays. Out of curiosity I stopped in one day and introduced myselt to the owner who was a member of the church...
  14. JayBros

    How do the newer upgrade Kenda tires compare with the old model Kenda tires?

    I’m sitting in a dealership waiting room while the Spyder technician installs my 4th Altimax tire and does the biennial brake fluid flush/replacement. The third tire has a bit over 28K miles on it and the wear indicator says Replace Tire. Will bet even an old lady driver won’t get that mileage...
  15. JayBros

    Has anyone found an inexpensive F3 Shop Manual?

    https://brpmanuals.com/product-category/rykers-spyders/
Back
Top