• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by Snoking1127

  1. Snoking1127

    Ratcheting down a Spyder S2S in a Cargo Trailer - what should I NOT be doing?

    And do not cross the front straps! Two reasons: They pull IN on the suspension, not forward. And there is less force to hold the trike forward against the rear straps. Ideally, the best long term solution is straps over each tire, with chocks in front of the front tires. I found that the Spyder...
  2. Snoking1127

    Having a blast, but have you noticed these Spyders Take an Effort To Ride?!

    Every Spyder ride puts off the grim reaper a week or so, infusion life into an old aging body!
  3. Snoking1127

    Ratcheting down a Spyder S2S in a Cargo Trailer - what should I NOT be doing?

    You can install ring nuts on the front shock bolts turning the bolt around. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P15BHSR?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_7 Do not cross the rachet straps. Just a good rachet strap on each side to the tie down on that side on the trailer. If you cross them...
  4. Snoking1127

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    Yesterday Carol and I rode the Spyder to Fountain Hills for lunch special at Streets of New York Pizza. We take the 60 from Gold Canyon to the 202 North, get off at Brown and head East, take a left on Usery Pass, up over it and down to the Bush Highway, take a right, then at the B-line we turn...
  5. Snoking1127

    Are people throwing better shocks at their trike first, instead of better tires?

    16-16.5 PSI in front seems to work great with Vredesteins. 18 in Altimax in rear.
  6. Snoking1127

    Any hints/help for Installing a Garmin XT3 Zumo on a Spyder?

    I stand corrected. My misinformation was from earlier on this same forum. Thanks for setting the record straight.
  7. Snoking1127

    New Member Intro & Questions re Upcoming Purchase Decision

    I might tie you on the Starship Enterprise, @LisaMal.
  8. Snoking1127

    Any hints/help for Installing a Garmin XT3 Zumo on a Spyder?

    The new Spyders do not provide switched power sources for GPS's etc. You will need to install a relay to power the GPS off the battery and find a source to pull the relay when the key is turned on. Hopefully someone will be along to help you with a switched source to activate the relay.
  9. Snoking1127

    60th anniversary of the USCGC AXE.

    Very cool, neat that you were able to attend. I have had challenge coins like mine made up for friends and family members. - I decided to mount everything a year or two ago.
  10. Snoking1127

    Laser Alignment Issues with all A/mkt Wheels - they won't accept alignment tools? Anyone heard this before??

    He had BRP Kool-Aid for breakfast, lunch and dinner while a BRP tech. Probably still thinks only Kenda tires should be on a Spyder also.
  11. Snoking1127

    Anyone else despise the Kill Switch/Cruise Control location?

    I was going to say the same, tape it in the run position. The only time mine has been off was the first real ride with DW on the first 2018 back in 2020. We stopped a McDonalds in Fountain Hills, DW hit it getting on after lunch, and it would not start. PANTIC set in, 44 miles from hone and a...
  12. Snoking1127

    What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

    I got the phone positioned where I wanted it, and then glued a piece of hard foam between the phone holder and the handle bar. Just did a ride this morning and the phone is rock solid.
Back
Top