• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Bad Vibration 2024 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Bake1987!

New member
I’ve been riding motorcycles for years and a few years back I did a demo ride at a dealer. It was a 2025 sea to sky. Absolutely loved it!
Never riding a spyder I decided to by a carryover 2024 rt limited. Did not realize there was such a difference. I have vibration in tne bike itself, the handle bars & the floorboards. I am a heavier person. I have taken back to the dealer & they test drove it and it had no vibration. Any ideas what I can do to improve my ride? Would manually changing the rear suspension help?
 
Before I would change the suspension, I would take it to another dealer (or an experienced independent Spyder mechanic) and have it checked the same way. Also, ask them to check the tire wear and alignment. It’s an expensive endeavor to change the suspension out and get much higher quality suspension, so I would want to make sure all other possibilities are eliminated and that the dealer did appropriate due diligence in checking things. Just my two cents.
 
.
Alt though my Spyder is 10 years older than yours, I had a similar problem. Dealer had to change both front wheels 🤪 . It was done without any complaint from them after a test ryde.
If it's a really bad vibration, your dealer is on drugs----------
 
.
Alt though my Spyder is 10 years older than yours, I had a similar problem. Dealer had to change both front wheels 🤪 . It was done without any complaint from them after a test ryde.
If it's a really bad vibration, your dealer is on drugs----------
If that’s the problem, with your bike, it should be under warranty. Also potentially check the situation with the swaybar..
 
I’ve been riding motorcycles for years and a few years back I did a demo ride at a dealer. It was a 2025 sea to sky. Absolutely loved it!
Never riding a spyder I decided to by a carryover 2024 rt limited. Did not realize there was such a difference. I have vibration in tne bike itself, the handle bars & the floorboards. I am a heavier person. I have taken back to the dealer & they test drove it and it had no vibration. Any ideas what I can do to improve my ride? Would manually changing the rear suspension help?
Did they check the balancing of the front tires? Are the tires inflated to spec? 2024 would still of the older Kenda tires I believe. I would guess there is a glob of balance weights on them. Also the trike could have been sitting for almost 3 years, creating flat spots on the tires. If it was mine it would have new car tires on it ASP.
 
Last edited:
This sounds out of the norm. I would have the selling Dealer call BRP and get some real help. If BRP has a good day they should be able to Help.

I hope this helps you.
 
Did they check the balancing of the front tires? Are the tires inflated to spec? 2024 would still of the older Kenda tires I believe. I would guess there is a glob of balance weights on them. Also the trike could have been sitting for almost 3 years, creating flat spots on the tires. If it was mine it would have new car tires on it ASP.
The dealer said they checked the air pressure in all 3 tires and they were good. Never said anything about the balance on them. From what I had read they seem to be the older kinda tires. What would you suggest I put on for car tires?
 
Back
Top