• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

New Accessory converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay

Snowbelt Spyder

Well-known member
To be clear, I have NOT tested this on a Spyder. Just an FYI if there are any takers out there.
PS. NOT an add-on CarPlay unit. Just eliminates the USB cable for the existing CarPlay function.

 
Last edited:
To be clear, I have NOT tested this on a Spyder. Just an FYI if there are any takers out there.

There's been a few other posts about wireless adapters for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Since I'm an Apple iPhone user and plug my phone into the USB port in the glove box I have no use for something like that.
 
There's been a few other posts about wireless adapters for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Since I'm an Apple iPhone user and plug my phone into the USB port in the glove box I have no use for something like that.
Thank you. This accessory plugs into the USB port of the Spyder and eliminates the need for that USB cable by establishing a WiFi link to your phone in place of the cable. I thought some would be interested in eliminating the USB cable if it worked. I searched but wasn’t aware of other posts on the subject.
 
There's this:

 
No Racoon. This isn’t that add on unit at all. It’s only just 40 bucks. All this unit does is eliminate the need to use a physical cable between your phone and the Spyder, like the one you currently use. A person still uses the built in CarPlay on the Spyder. It’s just a convenience thing if a person wants to stop needing to connect the USB cable. I’d recommend that you actually go to the link I supplied and check it out.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top