• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Service Shock - just about had a heart attack at the bill!

Sometime it's easier to grit one's teeth and write the check. Me, if I can do it myself, I will continue to do so. I have ramps, a jack for the back and a safety stand for the rear. Doesn't really take long at all to get the bike in the air enough. I have a motorcycle lift that I used on previous bikes but it kinda gets in the way. I have used it to get the whole bike in the air to sway out the sway bar - with safety stands, but it's easier to ride the bike up on the ramps, lift the back and and have full access under the bike. A guy in our neighborhood that I know who has a Spyder, just takes it to the dealer and pays the price. It's worth it to him. Now when it comes time to change the plugs, that's gonna take some real thought to decide if I want the hassle. But, I'm retired and living in an area where the weather is nice from late fall to early spring. I can imagine my carport tastefully decorated with bright red Spyder tupperware, and assorted parts for a couple days. What else do I have to do with my time? Ride? Yeah, ok, there's that.
 
Back
Top