thank you allSo sorry to hear of your wife’s diagnosis. We are also dealing with a pet getting up in years. She has lost her hearing she just hears a whistle now. Her eyesight has also gotten bad. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. Looks like you had a great trip.
I was a little hard driving R T 66 . The green 40 and 44 signs take you to RT 66 most of the times .Life is tuff as we get older. My sister is going thrtrough the same thing. She is only 4 years older than me. I am managing her Health and it is very difficult at times.
Anyhow enjoy your time and stay Healthy. Have yourself a Blessed Day My Friend.
Nice Pictures by the way. I did a 25 mile section of the Route 66 in Missouri last year. Like you said it was Not marked very well. So for me it was a very disappointing trip.
This being the 100th year I was hoping for some real treasures. But a friend of mine was Not impressed with the trip.
He and his wife did Route 66 in the early 1990s. It was still OK but most of the roads were converted to the Interstate system.
Prayers to you also Thank you.So sorry to hear of your wife’s diagnosis. We are also dealing with a pet getting up in years. She has lost her hearing she just hears a whistle now. Her eyesight has also gotten bad. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. Looks like you had a great trip.
I got stuck in a classic car parade in Arizona on RT 66, I had no place to go but stay on 66.Good pictures. I'm actually staying in a motel on old Route 66 in Flagstaff, AZ tonight. The road runs adjacent to the college campus. This weekend is something called Parents Weekend at the college.
The town is full and traffic is bumper to bumper. It doesn't feel very "historic" right now.
Some of my best rides (not all, though) came with a sleeping bag, a pocketful of change, and no plan.After plans fell through a few times, I will do my bucket list to do Route 66 - leaving June 8 to Chicago to start the ride.