lvmyspyder
Member
Yep, me too in the same order. I don't think anything came stock with all the right bells and whistles to work perfectly, with no add-ons needed, unless it was the F-15.
Agreed and my order as well.
Yep, me too in the same order. I don't think anything came stock with all the right bells and whistles to work perfectly, with no add-ons needed, unless it was the F-15.
Like to try!!Just tires and aluminum end links. Basically stock, but you aint gonna catch me.
AnytimeLike to try!!![]()
Maine to Northern California is a bit of an issue for a road race. Which one of you is going to ride across the country for the event????Anytime![]()
I'm with you on the crappy SoCal roads, we moved from Oxnard in 2019 to Tennessee and I didn't have the trike then but I did have my C7 Vette and I used to cringe constantly and wonder when I was going to crack a wheel.Baja Ron's Ultra Bar With End Links first and then tires. I saw the biggest improvement with the swaybar and some with the tires.
Here in Southern California, (I should say Calif in general) we have some of the crappiestroads in the country; this setup really made a difference in handling and ride. On my Ultra Classic Limited; I completely went throught the suspension on it and it just glides the the road. It's a very smooth ride, but the Spyder has it beat. Rode a friends with shocks, and thought it was a little better than mine, but not worth dropping $750 - $1200 on shocks right now if you know what I mean. Still new to the Spyder and getting used to the handling in Canyons. I am an agressive rider and I ride both like I stole them, of course when the wife isn't on it
![]()
Yup, live in Simi Valley. We have some of the best riding in the country and the worst roads to get there. I've ridden all over half the US and my most favorite ride is still Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) between San Simeon and Monterey. It's sad, the road condition sucks so bad......I'm with you on the crappy SoCal roads, we moved from Oxnard in 2019 to Tennessee and I didn't have the trike then but I did have my C7 Vette and I used to cringe constantly and wonder when I was going to crack a wheel.
We had plans to drive the coast from Westport Washington to San Simeon next week on our return to Arizona for the winter taking 7 days and it looks like we are not going to be able to do Big Sur. We have tickets for Hearst Castle, so we will have to take 101 at Salinas to get there, and backtrack to San Simeon on highway 1.Yup, live in Simi Valley. We have some of the best riding in the country and the worst roads to get there. I've ridden all over half the US and my most favorite ride is still Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) between San Simeon and Monterey. It's sad, the road condition sucks so bad......
https://www.facebook.com/thescenicr...fect-motorcycle-road-offerin/953773210374924/
That stretch of PCH is beautiful. I was stationed at Ord with the 7th infantry back in the day so I saw that stretch a lot going back to Oxnard.Yup, live in Simi Valley. We have some of the best riding in the country and the worst roads to get there. I've ridden all over half the US and my most favorite ride is still Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) between San Simeon and Monterey. It's sad, the road condition sucks so bad......
We had plans to drive the coast from Westport Washington to San Simeon next week on our return to Arizona for the winter taking 7 days and it looks like we are not going to be able to do Big Sur. We have tickets for Hearst Castle, so we will have to take 101 at Salinas to get there, and backtrack to San Simeon on highway 1.
We will be in an airconditioned truck on the fall migration.Try and stick to the coast as much as you can. It's brutally hot here in Calif right now. Here in Simi it's 109° with 30% humidity. Probably a bit cooler towards Nor Cal. A few years back my wife and I rode PCH (on the Harley) from San Simeon all the way up to Washington. It was amazing and would do it again. Ride safe, have fun, and and as we say, keep the shiny side up!![]()
I know that's true! HahahaJust tires and aluminum end links. Basically stock, but you aint gonna catch me.
... so my first "upgrade" was Vredesteins for the front. One thing I have found is when doing spirited riding in the curves, I get a little more sliding of the front even to the point of the nanny kicking in with the Vredesteins. Didn't have this with the original Kendas. However, I find the Vredesteins do ride smoother and are quieter. And yes, they continued to slide even after breaking in. ...
I purchased my 2020 RTL used and it was stock except for the fairly new Altimax on the rear. Front tires were orginal, and were pretty worn out so my first "upgrade" was Vredesteins for the front. One thing I have found is when doing spirited riding in the curves, I get a little more sliding of the front even to the point of the nanny kicking in with the Vredesteins. Didn't have this with the original Kendas. However, I find the Vredesteins do ride smoother and are quieter. And yes, they continued to slide even after breaking in. My second upgrade was the Ultra sway bar, and it really settled the bike down. It's just feels more controlled, to the point where I even get some look-steer from the slight turning of my shoulders as I look through long freeway sweepers. Didn't expect that on a bike that doesn't steer by leaning. Haven't gone on any spirited ride to see if the new sway bar reduces the slide, but with the stock bar, the outside tire seemed to want to dig in just before it slid, so I expect better sway control will help keep the outside tire more planted which will add to the grip in the front. I really don't see a need to spend big bucks on shocks. The stock shocks work well for me, but I'm a solo rider and a wee lad at that. FYI: I'm ALWAY the weak link in any vehicle I ride or drive. Always have been.
16-16.5 PSI in front seems to work great with Vredesteins. 18 in Altimax in rear.That's not something too many other people report here on the Forum, especially the Nanny kicking in bit - most report the opposite after tossing the Kendas!
So can I ask what size your Vredesteins are and what pressure are you running in them??![]()