This tire came in this moring. Customer said he was doing 80 mph on the freeway when it went boom. This is by far, the worst we've seen. I expect this to be a record which may never be broken.
View attachment 257172
It would be interesting to know what brand that tire is...
What type of Spyder, and what damage was done to the bike?This tire came in this moring. Customer said he was doing 80 mph on the freeway when it went boom. This is by far the worst we've seen. I expect this to be a record which may never be broken.
View attachment 257172
View attachment 257211 - additionally; Who else remembers “retreads”?
And cross ply/bias ply tires. And that's not even retreaded cross ply items.Remember them?! I still have nightmares about them, and they still figure fairly heavily in my therapy sessions!![]()
I was a rural mail carrier from 1992-1994. Retreads were my friend on my 1982 ford fairmont. The tread was harder and would wear out slower. The tread pattern was also more agressive which helped with starting and stopping on gravel and dirt roads. In fact, when I could find them, I put mud grips front and rear. When people would ask "why mud grips on the front of a 2 wd car?" I would remind them that tires need grip to stop as well as go. If you don't have traction on the front tires, you might just slide right by the mail box.Who else remembers “retreads”?
Interesting. I know it's way off subject, but here is how I found my USPS delivered parcel one snowy winter day just before Christmas. And I live on a fairly busy road.I was a rural mail carrier from 1992-1994. Retreads were my friend on my 1982 ford fairmont. The tread was harder and would wear out slower. The tread pattern was also more agressive which helped with starting and stopping on gravel and dirt roads. In fact, when I could find them, I put mud grips front and rear. When people would ask "why mud grips on the front of a 2 wd car?" I would remind them that tires need grip to stop as well as go. If you don't have traction on the front tires, you might just slide right by the mail box.

Big rigs still use retreadsView attachment 257211 - additionally; Who else remembers “retreads”?