• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Is there any Owner affordable BUDS?

Well, several of my Spyder Ryding Friends have been using a Lithium Battery for about 3 years. No problems so far. I see that Lamonster Garage is now selling a Lithium Battery.

So I will try one next time I need a new battery. (y)
 
I have been using Lamonster's lithium battery for 2.5 years with zero problems. It has never seen a battery tender either. And the way it turns over the 1330 engine is great.
 
You have to be careful with which Lithium battery you select. It has to be one design for cranking engines, not just a general purpose deep discharge Lithium marine battery for instance.

Lithium batteries are fine as long the the Battery Management System (BMS) is suitable for the vehicle you are putting it into.

The problem comes if the BMS detects an operational condition that the battery doesn't like, then they just disconnect the battery to protect themselves from catching fire, amongst other failure modes.

You probably need to use a charger/maintainer compatible with Lithium batteries of the particular technology your battery conforms to. You don't want to let the battery freeze and then charge it immediately for instance - they don't like that at all.

I would therefore be very careful as to which Lithium battery you chose. I suspect, and hope, that Lamonster has put some research into which Lithium battery they sell and how its BMS works with the Spyder's charging system. I would listen to their advice about cold temperature handling and charging.

I would be very cautious about going onto Amazon and just buying a Lithium battery that is the correct physical size and nominal specification with no regard as to how the BMS electronics work in conjunction with the Spyder's charging system. A Lithium battery is not something I would cheap out on.
 
Back
Top