• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

What state is this Curtis Museum located in? How much time do you think a person would need to see everything?
I know Google has some answers, but I am old school. I prefer getting first hand information about things.

Thanks for your Time. (y)
The Glenn H. Curtiss Museum is a transportation museum in Hammondsport, New York
 
What state is this Curtis Museum located in? How much time do you think a person would need to see everything?
I know Google has some answers, but I am old school. I prefer getting first hand information about things.

Thanks for your Time. (y)
New York state in the Finger Lakes region. At least 2 hours to see it. They used to have pretty cheap well made Glenn Curtiss t shirts for sale. Watkins Glen Roadcourse is nearby also. That's worth a visit for $20 you can take 3 laps around the track following an instructor at about 80mph. We were there during a Ferrari club event, they were every where in town.
 
Finally got my Garmin XT2 mounted to my satisfaction. The first install was with a handle bar clamp RAM ball mount. I was never really happy with it as it was hard to get it to not move all the time and the best I could get it adjusted often blocked the turn signal indicators on the dash. Later I added the Garmin glove controller so there went more real-estate on the bars. This caused the Quad Lock mount for the phone to move and it was impacting the XT2 when I tried to attach the phone. I lived with it for a few months then decided to change it up. I bought the Lamonster GPS Swivel mount along with the MOTOPUMPs Security lock. I liked the design of the lock but with the old ball mount it did not make sense.


Early mount.jpg

Now I have a nice secure, solid mount for the XT. But after a few rides it is too low for my liking so I made an adapter plate that would move it up and closer to the dash without covering the indicators. Very happy now with the final product.

20261009_155905.jpg20261009_160139.jpg
 
Back
Top